I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Friday, July 2, 2010

19 Months old and 6 Months Home


I can’t believe it’s been half a year since we brought Vanie home. It feels like he’s always been with us. It feels like he’s been living the life he lives with us as the only one he knows.
Sometimes I wonder if he would every remember anything from the home in Vladivostok?

Vanie and we all are doing great. Here are a few new or funny things he’s done over the month (all bad):
• His grandma has a hard time catching him when he runs off while in the park, which apparently is a daily experience lately, but that’s because he has an enormous amount of energy… the kid just doesn’t stop.
• One of his favorite things lately is to somehow get himself in one of our bathrooms and to throw things in the toilet or the tub (whatever he can find). Just a few days ago, his grandma caught him half in the toilet, climbing in to take a bath. Yes, you read it correctly, the toilet, not the tub.
• The words “Vanie, stop or you will be sent to the corner” is heard quite often at home now. The corner is our version of “time out”. So what does Vanie do now? When he hears me say that, he stops doing what he is doing, looks at me, gives me a big smile, comes over and starts hugging me and giving me kisses….no more to say…
• Another new thing is to hold Zorro’s leash during the walk. It’s very cute but I have not been able to take any pictures yet
• Vanie finally knows to call himself by his name, except it sounds more like “Nanie” – he can’t pronounce many of the letters yet. – but at least he knows to say it when he sees himself in pictures
• His new favorite video to dance to the World Cup anthem by K’naan
• Still loves to dance – will try to post a few unsuccessful clips I was able to record.
Who knows what else I am missing… right now we are just getting ready for a relaxing 4th of July long weekend… will post updates soon.

In the park after getting scared from a pony ride (before getting to the ride):



Posing for a few pictures - that's the face he makes when he sees me holding the camera:

1 comment:

  1. Aww, he's getting so big! So cute! I remember at the Vlad Inn when he was only crawling and always trying to follow Alex around!! I bet he could catch Alex now!! Glad you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete