Sunday, February 28, 2010
15 months old and 2 months home
Yes, our little boy just turned 15 months this weekend and it’s been 2 months since we got him home.
A few updates:
•Going back to work tomorrow so he will be home with his grandma ( i miss him already)
•We had the 15th month check up and he has gained 600gr (1 ½ lbs) and has grown 2 centimeters (almost one inch) in a month. Blood work from last time was all good but his body is low on vitamin D so he needs to start additional vitamins. He got the MMR shot, as well. We don’t have to go back until he is 18 months.
•Vanie got sick on Friday, just fever (up to 102F) and nothing else. He didn’t feel well at all on Friday and pretty much stayed either in his crib or cuddled with him mommy. We finally got the fever under control by Saturday afternoon. Not sure what the whole thing was but we are happy he is better now. The only problem is that he stopped eating and of course we have a few sleepless nights.
•Some of the developments this month:
- 2 more molars just broke out last week and one more front (lower) tooth making it up to 11 teeth now
- doesn’t crawl at all but walks and actually runs like a big boy now (the 1st few days he was learning how to run, he was running in the same spot wondering why I can catch him, it didn’t take him long to figure out who to actually run forward)
- learned to blow kisses (finally)
-waives good bye to everyone
- knows to point to his nose, mouth; ears and… penis
- knows to bring his shoes when asked to
- knows to sit down and get up in the tub when told to do so
- knows and says the words for dad, mom and grandma (haven’t heard him say Zorro in a while)
- knows how to pet Zorro nicely (before he was just poking him) and tries to kiss him
- Still hates the spoon and cries a lot (the doctors told us to leave it for a while) but tries to feed Zorro with his spoon after we let him out of his chair
- Had 2 tiny time-outs in the corner this month because he continues to play with Zorro’s water (I caught him grabbing water our of his bowl with one of his stacking cups and pouring it on the hardwood floor)
- His new thing is to collect and store all his toys and anything he finds on the coffee table in one of his toy cars
- Still loves music and dances to most melodies he hears
I am sure there is more but I can’t think of it right now.,,, I will miss being home with him and seeing him grow but the minute. Let’s see if I can hold the tears before leaving tomorrow. :-(