I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Friday, February 5, 2010

This week’s project

I’ve officially decided to make at least one of the meals a spoon feeding. Yeah….i don’t have any other words except…..torture. Yes, for me and him but I am hoping he will get used to it as everything else. Who knows how many days it will take. I don’t know what it is about the spoon that he doesn’t like.
So, now I try to give him at least 10-12 spoons of his lunch (ok, it’s more like me forcing the baby spoon full with food into his little mouth) and then I let him eat the rest in a bottle.
We’ve been doing this for 3 days now and he is not happy AT ALL. Vanie cries as soon as he sees the spoon, every single bite, but then ends up eating everything I am able to stuff in his mouth. I do have to use my fingers a lot to stick the food back in while he tries to spit it out during the constant crying session. (yes, I know – yuck).
The 10 spoons take like 45 minutes, the bottle feeding (assuming he is not mad at me and doesn’t throw it on the floor) takes like 5-7 minutes.

One thing I have to say: there is food EVERYWHERE and Zorro loves it. Here are a few pix of how the whole thing goes down.


Everything and everyone (incl. Zorro) in posittion...


After one of the "bites" - that was the face i saw after every spoon.


Watching the financial news while chewing. I switched to Dora shortly after, hoping it will help (it didn't).


No comment, except the food wasn't only on his face. this is actually a pretty clean shot. Sometimes, there is food on his eye lashes and on the curls.


Drinking juice out of mom’s glass. I was ready to do anything to make him stop crying.


Playing with the leftovers on his hands and face.

3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog while following Cupcake & The Caseys. Your son is precious! I love the curls and his eyes! I am waiting for my son's referral from Vlad. I notice your wait time was very short. Do you have any idea why? I have a 5 year old son I adodpted in 2006 from the Chelyabinsk region in Russia. Our travel experience was much like yours with the illness for both us on our return trip. From your description, I think you and I had the same sickness. I hope you are recovered and enjoying your wonderful son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Marcy. We just returned from Vlad a couple weeks ago. We too live in So. Ca. Some of your pics of the "beach " look very familiar.Your little one sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nice comments!
    Optimistikchick - yes, our time line was short- who knows why. maybe luck, maybe just got in line at the right time... right now we are just really happy to have our son home!
    Corinne - i just looked at your blog. What a story! I hope everything works out. Regardless, just know you are doing something amazing for these little souls. Where in SoCal are you? We are just a few blocks from So Coast Plaza.

    ReplyDelete