I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last week home

We’ve been busy and I haven’t really had the chance to post much so here is an attempt to catch up and a few updates from last week.
•This is my last week home with Vanie and going back to work next week :-(. Where did the 12 weeks go?!? I will miss being with my little boy so much. There is nothing like seeing him grow and change and learn new things by the minute. (Today is my 32nd birthday and I think I am just extra overdramatic b/c I am officially a year older :-)
•Help arrived last week. My mother-in-law arrived on the 18th and we have been “in training” for next week.
•Vanie is great, hasn’t really had any problems adjusting and loves having his grandma around spoiling him. So far, the transition has been great!!!
•Vanie received tons (two suitcases, to be exact) of presents from Bulgaria, from his grandparents and aunts and cousins, and loved all of them. I think it was even overwhelming for him at some point because there were so many and he didn’t know which one to play with first.
•The hit, however, seems to be a little plastic dog from my parents that barks and sings and its tail lights up. Vanie had seen it over skype in the last few weeks and recognized it instantly once we showed it to me. Sometimes he spends hours just walking around the house pulling or carrying (or slamming) the dog around.
•Another hit is a big stuffed and dressed dog (yes, another dog) he likes to hug and carry around although the dog as tall as him. He keeps bringing him over to Zorro’s water and food….
Here are a few pictures from the last few days:

The famous plastic yellow dog



His new bathrobe from aunt Ida (Jason's sister)


Vanie and his gf Alissa :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment