I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Friday, December 25, 2009

Funnies from Tokyo

Before I go to the funnies, I have to say that our trip was great and we loved spending two days in Tokyo. Lovely, although quite a crowded city.

• We were in a big hotel but had a really TINY room, so small we could barley fit out luggage in it:



• The hotel must have been built by short people

This is Jason taking a pic of our mirror, you can't even see his shoulders

• The bathroom is so small I felt like Shaq in Bruce Willis’ bathroom from the “Fifth element”. I was waiting for the tub (which you can only sit in) to disappear and be replaced by a fridge like in the movie.

This is the sign on the bathroom door (click on pic to read it). Of course, I had to take a picture of it

• In the morning, Jason spent 45 minutes looking for a coffee shop. After realizing that NOTHING is open, someone told him that he can get hot coffee out of a vending machine….you can get pretty much everything out of a vending machine in this city: socks, shaving cream, floss, etc.

• Of course we ended up in one of the red light districts (or entertainment centers as called in our tour book). Let me tell you, I didn’t see that many girls but there were a lot of guys who looked liked girls


• We ate at one of the many restaurants and made the mistake to leave a tip. All I had to say is “run, run, run” and “read the guide book before you go in a different culture” The waiters were chasing us to give us the tip back. After 5 minutes of haggling we ended up leaving the money in their donation jar. I read afterwards that it is almost insulting to leave a tip.

I think that’s it, the rest of the trip was almost accidents free. We successfully used the subway and made it back to our hotel from a few destinations and I am greatful everyone spoke English there.

Next trip to Japan will be to climb mount Fuji.

No comments:

Post a Comment