I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The screaming is still on

If anything, it's getting worse. He is an angle during the day and the devil during night. Can someone explain to me how that’s possible?!? How can he change so drastically the moment we landed in America? Hmm … so many comments come to my mind right now but I will hold my sarcasm since I want him to read this one day.

We figured if he is going to drive us crazy during the night then we should drive him crazy during the day and make him stick to his daily routine which only includes two 1 hour naps. The funny part, he seems to be more persistent than us. Still, with only 2 hours of sleep during the day, he only sleeps from 8pm to midnight and starts the screaming after that until the morning. There is no other way, he has to eventually give in.

He pox are getting much better and pretty much all of them are healing but I am sure that molar we have coming out is also keeping him up at night.

I am still sick (bad cold) and to the point where I completely lost my voice yesterday. The coughing is not going away and I look like I have been tortured for days. Scary! Thank God I don’t have to be at work right now! I don’t even know how Jason is coping with this. He stayed up with Vanie until 3 AM this morning so i can sleep and then he had to get up around 6 for work. At least it’s Thursday so he can try to rest a bit during the weekend.

Other than that, here are some updates: Vanie loves taking baths now. It’s actually funny, he likes to walk into the bathroom and if I turn on the water he tries to climb into the tub. :-)
Much more walking between the rooms and I think he will be independent soon.
Not much up to playing on his own in the new playground we built him in the middle of the living room (which is pretty much ALL of our living room) but he is getting there.

Ok, off for another nap while he is napping otherwise I don’t know if I will survive the day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get into a more manageable routine soon. Give us a call - Tatyana has some suggestions. Amelia was difficult too with sleeping and baths. 617-313-6556

    ReplyDelete