I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Friday, January 8, 2010

Making Progress

Last night was a bit better. We stuck to our regular daily routine and he fell asleep at 8 PM as soon as we put him in his crib. Didn’t really wake up until 2 AM, then he played in his crib for a bit, no crying, and fell asleep again. Woke up around 3 AM, stayed all quiet until around 4 AM and let us know (not so nicely) that he is awake, needs a diaper change and food. We played and cuddled on the sofa until around 5 AM when he fell asleep again. I moved him to his bed and he didn’t wake up until 8 AM. I can’t complain i just hope he sticks to this and only gets better.

By the way, this little boy is just learning how to hug, cuddle and kiss. I thought that was natural for all babies but now that I think about it, how could it be? If no one ever cuddled him to sleep during his 1st year, how would he know what that is? Picking him up and hugging to him equals playtime!
Another item on our learning list: kissing. He is to the point where he presses his face against his stuffed animals but doesn’t know to kiss them or us yet. I was able to teach him to give me “High 5” but the kissing is taking some time.
Aaah, I read all these articles and books about parenting but in a lot of cases they don’t even really apply to us just because of these basic things I just listed.
Regardless, I am still very proud of how much he has learned over the last month with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment