I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Enjoying my morning coffee

I was going to start my post with “Vanie is sleeping past 7:30 AM for the 1st time since we came back so I am enjoying my cup of coffee before the little Tasmanian devil starts today’s storm” but then I heard him turning on one of his music toys in his crib. Still not bad. He got up just around 7:30 and I DID enjoy my coffee quietly. The good thing, he didn’t wake up crying. Lets hope the smiling continues for a while. He is right next to me drinking his breakfast bottle while I am typing this. Yes, still on the bottle. With the exception of Cheerios, solids are still a problem for now. I keep mixing other things with his formula so he gets some solids in his tummy but it’s all out of a bottle. Other than that, he loves fruit flavored yogurt. I think it’s time to try feta cheese soon.

The only events from yesterday:

DMV – had to renew my license before it expires next month. I couldn’t believe how long we waited. The wait to get a number was about 45 minutes and then about 90 minutes to get processed. That was pretty much the entire afternoon for us.

Vanie – he woke up cranky yesterday and had a 45 minute nap as early as 10 AM. I think there is another tooth coming out as he started drooling again. He only had one other 30 minute nap around 1 pm and that was it. He spent the rest of the day walking, walking and WALKING. He loves his new super capability and keeps practicing.
What that means for me: running after him non-stop as he keeps going where he is not supposed to be. Poor guy, I think the word “ne” which is “no” in Bulgarian is what he hears the most during the day.
He walked the entire time we were at the DMV, too.
After the DMV, we went to Balboa Peninsula, had to bundle him up like an Eskimo as it was really windy, and there he walked while pushing his own stroller. He is something.

My new obsession – mopping the living room floor like 5 times a day. We even washed Zorro’s paws after yesterday’s walks b/c of the mud outside. I don’t know how people keep their houses clean enough for a walking/crawling baby when there is a dog involved. I can’t restrict Vanie or Zorro from staying put in one place…

I think I keep calling Jason at work like 20 times – I am starting to miss adults around me.

Ok, off to another day at home. I wonder if I will be able to get anything done around the house…doesn’t seem to be raining so we may be able to go to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment