I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our new word


(old pic but i like the face he is making)

It’s official – Vanie’s new word (one of very few) is Zorro. Well, it sounds more like “Zoho” or even “Ooho” but he definitely means “Zorro”. Ok, the letters “z” and “r” are not exactly easy but the little guy is really trying, He even woke up with that word this morning. I have to admit that Zorro it pretty much his only buddy right now and the rainy days are not helping. We’ve been to Ikea like 10 times in the last week.

Here are a few other updates about Vanie:
• Doesn’t stop walking and carrying things around the house. Tried to “help” me fold the laundry the other day - it took me a while to find a few socks after that. :-)
• Can bend down to pick up a toy and get up without having to sit or fall down with the toy in his hand.
• Loves to talk to him in baby talk. He tries really hard to say things to us but doesn’t know how to do it yet. It’s tough being a 1 year old one…
• Can no drink out of a sippy cup and a straw cup – took a few days but now he likes it.
• Loves to eat bananas and Cheerios and small pcs of bread as long as he is allowed to put them in his mouth on his own.
• No more dog food or water incidents (yet). I think he’s lost interest for now – YAY.
• Started deliberately pressing certain buttons on his musical toys to get the music to pay so he can dance. I will have to make a video of him “dancing”.

Other:
• Still dislikes eating out of a spoon and throws a tantrum until he gets the bottle even if the food is quite a solid puree. I will give him a chance to feed himself with a spoon one of these days to see if that would work but have to figure out how to minimize the disaster he will create. I know he will get there like with everything else.
•The daily naps are getting shorter and shorter. He now only has two half hour naps making his total sleep around 12 hours – that just isn’t enough especially after all the daily running he does every day.
• No potty training yet (I know everyone at work is getting a kick out of this one). Yes – I have officially decided that he is not ready yet and needs some time to get used to all other new things he is learning. I know, I know, I am getting soft. What can I say, the little guy is getting to me and has made me just a little bit softer of a mom than I expected to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment