I should explain the name of the blog “Little Temujin”.
Our little one is not the typical blue eyed and blond Russian kid. Actually, he has big brown eyes, long lashes and brown (seems curly) hair. He is definitely mixed but we are not sure what races. So, in absence of a true family tree, we decided that he is a distant relative to the legendary Genghis Khan whose original name was Temujin.

"Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."
Author: Unknown

Friday, January 15, 2010

Still sick (me)


Vanie seems to be doing ok but I am still coughing so I had to go to the doctor again this morning. They gave me a prescription cough syrup. Let’s hope it helps b/c no one here can sleep from my coughing.


Yesterday was a day of mishaps. Vanie got into all kinds of trouble.
Fist of all, only had one nap that was less than an hour.
THEN he kept opening all kinds of and kitchen cabinets (getting these locked today) and tried to pull stuff out but didn’t really mange to get anything out or brake anything.
THEN he kept playing with the stove’s door, opened it and fell (have to figure out how to secure that one).
AND THEN…I caught him playing with Zorro’s water AGAIN (after catching him numerous times trying to play with Zoro’s food). Vanie was all wet and the water was completely spilled but I really hope he didn’t drink any of it. After all, he was there for just a second.
I think Zorro is now worried about his food b/c he ate all of it once he saw Vanie near it for the 50th time. I am running out of ways to say the words “no”, “not allowed, “can’t” and can’t touch or do that”.

On the good side, we made some progress with the food: had blended chicken soup out of the bottle for lunch and liked it, had about ½ banana – little bites between all the walking trips in the house, and had pieces of pizza beagles. I had to keep Zorro and Vanie apart on the pizza beagles, had one of them on each side and was giving them bites. This used to be one of Zorro’s treats in the past so we will have to see if he can handle sharing with Vanie.

Zorro update: he is sick of eating Vanie’s dropped Cheerios and doesn’t like to pick them up any more. My walking vacuum is broken. :-(
Time to start dropping some meat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment